Thanks to Steph Evans for taking this and many other pictures just days before I left. She sent me packing with wonderful images of the kids, and of us together. Only hiccup- Adam had to fly! When I am home for r&r we hope she can get us all together. Anyways...thank you Steph! www.stephevansphotography.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Orders in Hand

Thinking you might get mobilized and getting orders for mobilization are two different things. Adam and I have always had it in the back of our mind and have even made some proactive decisions in case one of us were mobilized. For me, since receiving orders, I have done what I do in almost any situation- I make lists and start checking things off. Things I have wanted to do, now have more of a sense of urgency, and since I tend to procrastinate, that is ok. What I was not prepared for are the wierd dreams and a disconnected feeling that I can't quite shake. But to end on a positive note; knowing that you will have to leave your family makes even the most mundane tasks a pleasure if it is time spent with family. I am grateful for every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment