Thanks to Steph Evans for taking this and many other pictures just days before I left. She sent me packing with wonderful images of the kids, and of us together. Only hiccup- Adam had to fly! When I am home for r&r we hope she can get us all together. Anyways...thank you Steph! www.stephevansphotography.com

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ready to go.

My orders start tomorrow and I depart for processing and training on Sunday. It is an odd mix of relief and apprehension as the departure date approaches. On one hand I am ready to get the countdown for my return started, on the other hand I feel sad that life as I know it is about to change. I can say that this is my new normal though, the odd dreams, mentioned in my first post, are long gone. What has not faded is the appreciation for time with family and friends- that is a gift. I am so grateful for the well wishes and offers of help for me, Adam and the kids. With the support of so many, I think we have navigated this as well as possible. Thank you. Let the adventure begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment