Thanks to Steph Evans for taking this and many other pictures just days before I left. She sent me packing with wonderful images of the kids, and of us together. Only hiccup- Adam had to fly! When I am home for r&r we hope she can get us all together. Anyways...thank you Steph! www.stephevansphotography.com

Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Stop- Gulfport, Mississippi


First, two pics to share...a tree in the Evans front yard and the Jones/Henningsen family proudly displaying the USN flag while I am away. So sweet.
I am over halfway through my processing; I have been poked, peed in a cup, my mental state questioned, stuck in a gas mask and sat through many lectures. It is pretty typical navy stuff with lots of breaks in between. I have been happy for the down time after such a busy, but wonderful, last week at home.

During this down time I have reflected on the many kindnesses, good wishes and other gestures of goodwill that were given or expressed to me before I left. Not only does it make me feel good inside now but also hopeful for the future. So, thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope those words don't start to sound empty after awhile because they are so heartfelt. Knowing I live in such a caring community makes going forward so much easier. Adam and I thank you for that.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Krista! We're going to update our flag photo once a month...or more...to keep you informed...and entertained. :) XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I had no idea! I love the picture of you and the kids. They are all growing up so fast.

    So sorry we have not kept in touch. I'll be thinking about you. Please stay safe and I will post some pictures soon.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of you and the kids. Take care and be safe. Please let us know if what we can to to help while you are away. (We promise to carry on the Christmas tradition too!!!) Love ya, Emily, Wyatt, Eryn, and Anna

    ReplyDelete